Thursday, September 28

Tough choices



when your life's a fairytale
when your heart's on email
when your mind's asail
on the boat to nowhere

savour the punch
flavour the lunch
roll a fresh fag
bleed the last drag

catch me a lemon
crack me the weed
gift me your best
kick me the seed

when was it morning
when was it night
when is the right time
to pick a good fight?

float me a fable
a la clark gable
wish me a moonflake
I'd never forsake

fireworks tonight
head feels the bite
tongue drips the spite
eyes fade the light

--------------------------

Stay (Wright, Waters)

Stay and help me to end the day.
And if you don't mind,
We'll break a bottle of wine.
Stick around and maybe we'll put one down,
Because I wanna find what lies behind those eyes.
Midnight blue burning gold.
A yellow moon is growing cold.

I rise, looking through my morning eyes,
Surprised to find you by my side.
Rack my brain to try to remember your name
To find the words to tell you good-bye.
Morning dues.
Newborn day.
Midnight blue turned to gray.
Midnight blue burning gold.
A yellow moon is growing cold.


(from 'Obscured by clouds')

10 comments:

aria said...

That picture and the list in there is damn intriguing but I can't make out for sure .. what is it about :O

As for the poem.. guess it was written in some sorta quirky mood .. or after a few drags ...
"when your mind's asail
on the boat to nowhere"
:)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

my mind has been 'asail' for the past forty years. gloomy again i see.

no name said...

Hmm.. interesting. And flows better :)
-Enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Whoa...A truly inspired photo.

I reside in Malaysia these days and carrying any of that stuff could get you the death penalty.

Btw, I enjoyed your drug-induced poem :D

Inkblot said...

aria: it's exactly what it says it is...guess which one I bought finally :P


cj: must be the weather and lack of 'coffee shops' (as they are known there=ref the foto)here :)


merryweather:thank you


raven: don't you :D thanks


minny: was completely sober when I wrote it though. glad you liked it.

aria said...

Oooo .. I was thinking.. probably they have named it that way for something else .. maybe some weird cocktails... had no idea such places exist .. kewl .. The names are really funny .. but I like the term Fatal Haze! So did you buy that?

Aradhita said...

I am curious, which one did you choose finally?

Inkblot said...

aria: your close

aradhita: I actually smelt a number of them and finally settled for a customised fragrant (almost lemony) blend sharp enough for the black satin bedspreads :)

cherie: oh yeah, keep grinning !

Prerona said...

nice :)
i love the heart is on email :)
so u doing rollies too?

San said...

ha wicked :)