Tuesday, August 15

Carpe Diem

Apple green tea. Not green apple tea.
The difference is more than subtle.
Like the morning before and the morning after.

A cigarette lit and one unlit.
Promise of another day or just today?

Pencils sharpened for a math exam
Pencils blunted to sketch the shadows in her eyes

A jug of cream or a dash of caviar
Leg of lamb or touch of terrine

A shot of Remy Martin Louis XIII
A pitcher of Heineken

Racing head, hollow heart
Empty safe
Brand new start

-----------------------------------

He was old
He was smart
She was bold
Yet just a tart

He was a bore
She wanted more
She's the whore
He proudly wore

They kissed all night
No love no fight
She milked him dry
He loved to cry

-----------------------------------

The clouds are turnin' crimson
The leaves fall from the limbs an'
The branches cast their shadows over stone
Won't you meet me out in the moonlight alone?

The boulevards of cypress trees
The masquerades of birds and bees
The petals, pink and white, the wind has blown
Won't you meet me out in the moonlight alone?

My pulse is runnin' through my palm
The sharp hills are rising from
The yellow fields with twisted oaks that groan
Won't you meet me out in the moonlight alone?

(Bob Dylan- Moonlight)

16 comments:

aparna said...

A brand new start? :)

Perhaps...

Yeah, sieze it, grab it and since i am on a cheezy bollywood mode, Kal Ho Naa Ho :P

Do i make sense? Nevermind! :D

Russell CJ Duffy said...

a bold heart
a fresh start.
one day at a time is best.

Inkblot said...

aparna: nonsense is sense too. 'method in madness' etc :)


merryweather: smile on...


cj:can manage two at a time now :P


cherie: it went consistently downhill after line 1!

... said...

Yes! Carpe diem. Carpe noctem.

Reads like a twisted ying yang.

Different paths or a double slalom?

The Individualist said...

Yeah. Will admit that I had to spend a bit of time on the first line. Like it when sentences stop you from going forward into the next one and cling onto you for a while.
The last paragraph alone was Bob Dylan's?

aria said...

Brand new starts are often whimsical ;)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

glad to hear it. you is the best after all!
;)

and a dark angel to boot. (not that i want to kick you though!!!)

Rose said...

"Pencils sharpened for a math exam
Pencils blunted to sketch the shadows in her eyes"...

Luved these lines...

:)

..Me

San said...

i swear your drunk when you write stuff ;)

but i'll toast you to a fresh page :)

Inkblot said...

cherie: wow that feels good


aria: whimscal os yummmmy!


rose: I do too :D


san: little girls shouldn't swear!
what you toasting with?? not orange juice I hope!

Inkblot said...

cj: thanks and kicks are fine as long as the dark angels are with me

individualist: yeah I stopped after line 1-for a while- and all the last 3 stanzas in blue are Dylan's- I couldn't do that!

doc: twisted works for me. so do twists and turns and cold blue snow. join me if you dare :P
on the double!!

mermaid said...

You speak in riddles and rhymes. Yet, you just want to be loved.

Inks is both complicated and simple.

aparna said...

No no San's on a diet of JD and tequilas. Inspired by yours truly :P

Inkblot said...

mermaid: typically I would respond- "don't we all?" In my case- "I'm not sure anymore"...which applies to almost everything now.

aparna: I'm impressed with your progress - and influence! Keep up the good work :P

Prerona said...

loved the first set - star material - to kill for :)

Plus Ultra said...

Lovely, can I put u on mu links, if possible reply to my blog, thanks