Tuesday, August 1

Mon tag (monday? my day ? just a tag...)

Tags in the air, and bits of music float through on a sultry breeze as I try to say what I don't want to say.


I am

I said
to no one there
and no one heard
not even the chair
(Neil Diamond)


I dance

in the moonlight
after a scathing fight


I sing

for my supper when I can't eat


I cry

with the wolves in the waking dawn


I am not always

who I am


I make with my hands

what I can't with my head


I write

like a spider crawling over a page


I confuse

the stars with the earth

.............................................................................

Much said.

That song again , that won't let me go.
Bless the Beatles.


I am thinking about

reading your mind

She's not a girl who misses much
Do do do do do do- oh yea!


I said

try me

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane



I want to

clobber

The man in the crowd with the multicoloured mirrors
On his hobnail boots


I wish

he wasn't

Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy
Working overtime


I hear

he did the unthinkable

A soap impression of his wife which he ate
And donated to the National Trust


I need

a fix 'cause I'm going down
Down to the bits that I left uptown



I regret

Mother Superior jumped the gun


I wonder

if

Happiness is a warm gun
Happiness is a warm gun, momma


and finally

When I hold you in my arms
And I feel my finger on your trigger
I know nobody can do me no harm

Because happiness is a warm gun
-Yes it is.

Happiness is a warm, yes it is...


tag if you will, tag if you wont
you say you do, you say you don't.


And now that I've bared my soul- you know why this blog is called what it is!

20 comments:

aparna said...

:) you turn a tag into poetry.

i wish i could too...

... said...

This explodes in a parallax of shapes and sounds. The shape of a warm gun perhaps?

Anand said...

*in the moonlight
after a scathing fight*

hmm..wonder what dancing in the moonlight is like?

Inkblot said...

aparna: I say you can :) but I like the way you do yours anyhow


doc: perhaps... but yet to take shape


anand: try it!

San said...

Love it!

Ha that has to be the best twist to a tag that i've read so far :)

aria said...

"I am not always..who I am"
This line was really something ..
One can trust you to even make a mundane tag interesting with this unique style of yours.
Lovely .. I somehow like this tag.

Prat said...

Ohhhh so it is true, afterall!

Sphinx said...

interesting blog! lol :)

Φ said...

loved "Always-winter" esp these lines even rendered such an effect

sky unravels
its clammy coat
frosty brew
chilled just for you


and the way you modulate the tone of the verse in your recent works is splendid.. and i don understand this tag quite well :-|..

otherwise hope you r fine..tc

Anonymous said...

Many years ago, as a puerile, pimply teen singing along to The White Album in his smelly bedroom, I used to think it hilarious to replace the H in Happiness with an M.
Come to think of it, I still do.

mermaid said...

I need

a fix 'cause I'm going down
Down to the bits that I left uptown

Fixated on the trigger, aim for the light.

I have no definitions
I have no premonitions

I can only offer a way
For you to stay

Not just to avoid death
But breathe with all your breath

Inkblot said...

san : *bowing gracefully*


aria: thought I wouldn't do it-seemed far too personal but then again- what the heck- its only a tag :)


prat: you think it could be?


sphinx:welcome and thanks :D

Prerona said...

Hmmm ...

Loved the dancing in the moonlight picture. Not so much the 'after a scathing fight' twist ... why? just poetic license?

Always wondered what the words meant ... Happiness is a Warm Gun

Came here with a strange feeling of half wistfulness which grew to a lump in my throat by the time the words ran out ... why? dunno!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I definitely couldn't get around this tag... loved this one... written like only you could :D

Inkblot said...

VP: I'm cool. and thanx.
hadn't realised my verses sounded different. yes, the air has changed perhaps.


He: egotistical username if I may say so. lol.
Map, mope, shoot, shine -and smelly rooms are to be left behind.


Mermaid: I actually like blowing at the smoking mouth of the gun, when the deed is done :)

a touch of drama and fulfilment- death.

Inkblot said...

Prerona: those lines are probably more true than some of the others- nothing to do with rhyme. the original draft had 'succulent' before fight- got it?

and 'happiness is a warm gun..' could mean a lot of different things. I've figured out one which works for me - and it's not the commonly understood sexual connotation.

tears for fears? let 'em flow when it feels good.

and thanks :)


bb: its worrying when you start doing those famous disappearing acts.
even smartass comments are better :D

shikha said...

Came here after very long and I am glad that I did...Yeah...baby happiness is a warm gun!!

Anonymous said...

Extremely creative concoction to this meme. Love the musical references. My blog is titled after music and involves moonlight...
Interesting to learn more about you. Like your philosophy and mystery. It's been long overdue for me to visit here. I will be a regular.

Inkblot said...

shikha: nice to have you back!

silvermoon:welcome and thank you

no name said...

I am

I said
to no one there
and no one heard
not even the chair
(Neil Diamond)

...More for later :)