Saturday, August 12

In the Flesh

Stench of burning flesh
Bloody innards
Slashed inside out

Delicate lacerations
Carefully executed
Controlled frenzy

living art
On display for a few hours only

Skip dinner
Feast your eyes
And mind

While it still breathes
Through fevered eyes
And a choked gullet
Croaking silently
for release

Oblivion won't come easy
You're on camera honey
Every ounce
of well earned pain
Gifted with razor sharp
tenderness...


And all I can taste is this moment,
And all I can breathe is your life,
And sooner or later it's over,
I just don't want to miss you tonight.

And I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.
I want you to know who I am

(Iris- the Goo Goo dolls)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful poem- the impact lingers.
Imagery and experience so strong!
Love the reference to one of my favorite songs, one I wrote a post for long before I met you on the net.

Prmod Bafna said...

The working on the insides!! Very nicely done and the added emotions from Iris go very well to :))

Bohemian said...

here after a looooooooooooooooooong time!

gosh , i hv misd so much!

glad to b bak!

no name said...

*Feast your eyes* ...

:)

Inkblot said...

silvermoon: thank you. send me a link to your piece.

pb: insides and outsides :)

bohemian: nice to have you back!

merryweather: yes, do :D

Prerona said...

Hmmm. Black it is :)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

a steamhammer.
a fistful of powrful words and emotions.

Rose said...

Powerfull Words..

:)

..Me

Inkblot said...

prerona: my favoutrite colour :)


cj: thanks. powerful comment :D


cherie: need lots more feedback. the first draft had no capitals till I thought it meant every line ran into the other and changed it-also an element of empohasis for no particular reason I guess...thanks for spending time here :)


rose: thank you beautiful

aria said...

Razor sharp tenderness .... wow!

The last para is too good.

San said...

>>Razor sharp tenderness .... wow!

my thoughts exactly!

inky this was a good un, how many gasses of wine did you pour down to come out with such a master piece ey?

... said...

This reminds of an art exhibit I read about in New York. The artist was making what looked like butchered human body parts out of wire, wax, etc.

That last stanza is mind blowing.

Inkblot said...

Aria: you can do a lot more with razors if you use them gently :P


san: I'm actually on doonguley tea from Korea, young lady!


doc: now that you mention it, I recall seeing something similiar in a series of black and white photographs somewhere in Europe- and it was a bride being massacred I think (though in very un-'killbill' fashion) Must look for my notes on the artiste!

Casablanca said...

Disturbing and touching at the same time. Beautifully written!

Anonymous said...

Good one...
[Iris---A favorite song of mine]

Cheers...:)
Flights of the mind

Inkblot said...

casablanca: thanks very much

flights of the mind: good to have you here again. thanks