Wednesday, April 5

She loves me, She loves me not

Well since the last one didn't quite work out, here's my second shot at love poetry!

I've been pondering
On this deep deep thought
Did she love me
Or did she not?

I knew that she knew
My mind was askew
My heart in a stew
My assets so few.

Nevertheless
She did pretend
She would bend
A few precious inches
To accommodate my hinges!

And try to ignore
What was clearly an eyesore.

And she tried so hard
To treat me right
Tell me I was her shining knight.

And I raised an eyebrow
And breathlessly said 'wow'

Would you really
make my dreams come true
Let me have my cake
and eat it too?

I tell you, by jove , she loved me
No matter how much she craved to be free.

She loved me
Like a little bumblebee
Making honey

Stinging like hell
Yet wishing me well.

Oh yes, she loved me
Even as she trashed me.

Made me feel like a king
In that magic golden ring.

'Twas 'nough for me
A warm playful buddy
('buddy' I said, not 'body')

'Twas perfect
When she left.

'Cos I'm an old man
Humbly profess, an 'also ran'.

To rock the boat,
Gets my goat.

And after all
I just needed to see
Whether or not
She loved me.

And all I have to do
Is believe its true

Long after she flew,
Keep believing
its true.

She loved me

Yes she loved me

Just like she loved you.

Loved every last one of you.

9 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

obviously about me!

Sue said...

Don't borrow from the Fab Four -- it's done by too many people.

Prmod Bafna said...

...and i thought it was about me! ;p

Inkblot said...

CJ: sure, if that makes you feel good! :P

Sue: thanks for visiting.
Are you referring to anything in particular? If so, do explain.

If its about the title of my blog, its easier to explain an ethos through a popularly understood piece and the nice thing about the fab four is that they get better with overexposure!

Are the 'people' you refer to bloggers or a wider population?

And till then I'm 'watching the wheels'...


PB:..and why wouldn't it be? :)

aria said...

Heh! This was sweet ..

Nick Zegarac said...

Gee, sounds like the girl gets around and can't help it...poor little dear trollop. You have a way of starting off with a sarcasm that seems lyrical but delivers one heck of a good bite by the last stanza. Oh yeah...I still feel the teeth marks!

mermaid said...

"My assets so few.

A few precious inches
To accommodate my hinges!

Stinging like hell
Yet wishing me well."

...my favorite lines!!!

I've started to dispense a new drug to my patients who berate themselves for their flaws. I tell them to spend some time each night and think about what they did well that day. Then say it out loud as they eye themselves in a mirror. It's the best prescription I've ever dispensed, especially for myself!

Inkblot said...

Aria: like dripping honey...:)

Nick: yes that was perhaps the intended effect, just having some fun!

mermaid: shall tell myself I wrote a good poem :P

misty: happy birthday and thank you

aparna said...

I remember you had asked me to read the original. And i didnt.
So good that you put it up :P

I love your version too. Yes, very romantic. Just like the way i like. :)

Btw, my nickname is 'moon'. :P