Thursday, March 16

Hold on

Hold on
To that one last streak of day
Threatening to disappear
In a blaze of frightening fire
That no longer
looks the picture
you always wanted to click.

Beautiful sunsets
Are but precursors
To a bloody night
Which leaves you gasping
For that elusive whiff
of new air
You can't seem to find

Leaves you in the throes
Of that same lost fight.

And isn't it wonderful
How the light
That wouldn't shine in your eyes
Is out there somewhere
Making good
As it should?

Of course
As it should.

So hold on to it
Don't let it go
Cling on for dear life
Let it know

That although you never cared
You needed it
If only to destroy
The night's dark ploy

To destroy you.

10 comments:

rhein said...

wow, this poem reminds me of, here lately my insomnia and the high anxiety that comes with it.

aria said...

Dunno why but for me it had an effect of a delicately evocative song ..

shooting star said...

Beautiful sunsets
Are but precursors
To a bloody night......yeah right...its always brings a kind of fear with it...i liked ur blog.....

mermaid said...

I was thinking of the difference between night and day for me, Inks. This reminded me of what I wanted to say.

The night is oppressive, black. With the sunset, it's as if the world is saying, "This is your last chance. Don't fuck it up." The day gives me a reason to start again, to shed those nights like unwanted skin, and forgive myself.

Inkblot said...

rhein: yes, and take care

aria: like your pseudonym

shooting star: thanks

mermaid: I couldn't live without the night though.

Anonymous said...

Nice use of bold letters again. Very much the strongest part... except for the angst in the last line, there was a lot of hope :p

Prmod Bafna said...

Loved the way you've described it all! Very nicely written!! with that lovely tone of pondering and the disquiet that goes on! :)

Inkblot said...

pomedome: good for you

ss:angst is a way of life

pb, pp: disquieting, how you both use that word!

DS Irvin said...

I felt like the earth was spinning beneath my lap top. Night is fate, and comes, calculated and perpetual, eventual. And it comes to destroy...


nice

Anonymous said...

So hold on to it
Don't let it go
Cling on for dear life
Let it know

:)