Thursday, May 25

this one's not for you

Act I

my eyelids grow heavy as the wine settles in
gnaws at the insides and rests deep within

where can I find it, where should I look
after all that it did to me, all that it took

cry me a shotglass, cry me all blue
turn me to crystal, far away from you

burn me to cinders, find me a nook
bury me whole, with no second look.

shake me like jelly, shake me awake
yell at me loudly like all is at stake.

drown me in music, soak me in hope
don't let me flee, don't let me mope.

stuff me with foie gras, fill me with fruit
late for the farewells, time for the boot.

i'll lead you a merry dance
i'll woo you a trance
and let you dump me
and rue the missed chance


Act II

the snakes on the prowl
the tiger can growl
yet both watch and wait
elude that bait

till each lies exhausted
toasted and wasted
searching for something
they feared, yet tasted

sharp poisoned arrows
piercing the marrow
anger and darkness
obscuring the sadness

of knowing it wouldn't
fearing it couldn't

be what you wanted

see what you blunted
shackled and shunted

listen till you hear no more.

its another life, another trip
another distant shore
where strangers flit by
never touching the core

and still you would see her
reach gently for you
and still you would know
every touch was true

and yet you would shun it
and give it a shove
push it away
disdain for love.

yes love, like a beacon
like every cliche
you'd never ever utter
and keep well at bay.

crave it like cocaine
yearn all those years
hope for a whisper
to banish your fears.

laugh in your face
your kidding me now
you never knew love
you never knew how

so back to the game
writhing and sore
tear at your insides
and ask for more

yes, ask for more
punch at the door
clutch at the tendrils
you heartlessly tore

piece them together
tell me you will
tell me your craving
to hold me still

for I cannot hear you
I cannot see
I'm all too determined
to rescue me

15 comments:

amrit said...

Brilliant!

mermaid said...

What a beautiful ending.

His loss, not yours. Don't you ever lose yourself. If you do, what's the point?

Gypsynan said...

daku bollo - fucking awesome depressing shit - he is right - read you in New york - all stoned and heavy on nostalgia trips - you kept it girlfriend!

{illyria} said...

i adore singsong verses. i was reading this out loud just a few minutes ago.

Bohemian said...

ACT I got me all hooked!

Inkblot said...

gypsynan:will write to you

amrit: thanks

bohemian: hooked is dangerous!

mermaid: true..besides its only a blog!

transience: singalong....sing for us on your blog sometime too...:)

Prerona said...

brilliant - truely!
fav lines ... cry me a shotglass, cry me all blue

Shadow Lor said...

woah. that is beauty in motion. i love the lines "laugh in your face/ your kidding me now/ you never knew love/ you never knew how" that really reaches me somehow.

... said...

Really liked the fragmentation of this and the title. Despair morphed into resolution, which is always good. I also second shadowlor's choice of line...lilting and straightforward.

Inkblot said...

prerona:this was a one shot poem with no thought and shotglass in hand...:P

shadowlor:thanks. I like the idea of motion-my head is rather partial to that!

doc:fragmentation is a deliberate attempt not to link? now your making me think!

Shubhodeep said...

a mesmerising and rivetting piece. sorry i couldnt return ur visit earlier. do visit again!

death said...

madness

Pincushion said...

Ouch!
I can so identify with this :(
You lady have a tough core!
such terse verse AND such grace!

Inkblot said...

shubhodeep: thank you

death:welcome back

pincushion: now thats a lovely lovely compliment!

Anonymous said...

Lovely one after some time.

Took me more time, this is long. Yes, it felt like Acts I and II. Very apt.