Monday, May 15

Umm

Swirls of thick rich cream, with a hint of chocolate now and then.
Scraping the bottom to savour the last vestiges of what could soon be a fond fading memory, even as greedy hunger gnaws for more.

Words form slow and tentative, strung together in serious quest of elusive thought.
Or clear deliberate, like the moon burning a torch for the late night runner on a mission.
Spoken in earnest, now in jest or even in soft childlike wonder as the gutteral wise man awakens the wide eyed questioning infant, purring in pleasure at a brand new touch.

Sounds of lava flowing - deep, quiet anger. The world turns cold with fear till suddenly, magic stirs. Hear the birds chirping on a thawing green as that precious laughter stumbles out in happy abandon from throaty recesses one yearns to fathom.

That wine drenched tone,
The whispered moan
Is it tender plum, cracked blueberry
Or a ripening radiant red red cherry?

Clinking gold coins, rustling leaves
Or cool waves raging on summer eves?

Bronze, bright, bathed in blue
So familiar, ringing true
And right now
as I think of you

Its orange.

Your voice.

Alive, always. I hear it.

13 comments:

Prerona said...

nice. specially the end.
been feeling immeasurably sad today - dont know why

The Individualist said...

Liked the way it ended. Especially the last seven-eight lines.
Not sure about the beginning. Felt a bit aloof as I was reading it. But felt closer and closer as it flowed on.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

aloof my arse.
damn fine writing.

mermaid said...

The way you conjure such colors and details and feelings.

I'm still dizzy.

aria said...

Simply wonderful ..

Bohemian said...

hey inkblot, are u immensely fond of colors?

...i am...so it was fun savouring this scrumptious treat for my senses :)

Anonymous said...

its glad 2 b bak bloggin...n esply read numerous posts by u...;)
keep it goin

doctor filth said...

Is CJ's arse really aloof? Somehow I don't think so.
I enjoyed this prose.

Blue Athena said...

This is just beautiful. :)

Inkblot said...

Prerona: thanks. hope you feel better today.

individualist: thanks. thats useful feedback.

cj: don't be kind. On second thought...

mermaid: you spin me right round too...

aria: thanks honey

bohemian: oh yes I am, and its ages since I heard anyone use 'scrumptious' (my mum's favourite word!)...:D

1$ saint: thanks, I'll try..:)

Inkblot said...

doctor filth: I enjoyed your comment! Thanks.

blue athena: thanks

soul circling: now that's an interesting observation, though I was thinking of the kumquat orange..

Sujay Sukumar said...

That wine drenched tone,
The whispered moan
Is it tender plum, cracked blueberry
Or a ripening radiant red red cherry?


Alliteration par excellence.

Anonymous said...

Sweet and lovely..is the taste of this poetry...

If you could,
Hold it tightly..for its melting my heart!