Sunday, January 29

Redrum

"I can remember when I was a little boy. My grandmother and I could hold conversations entirely without ever opening our mouths. She called it "shining." And for a long time, I thought it was just the two of us that had the shine to us. Just like you probably thought you was the only one". (The Shining, 1980)

It speaks to me.
All in red.

Lisping slowly,
Painting pictures
Trickling gently,
Halting once
Choking mildly.

I prick the silence
Coaxing, conversing,
Shatter the reserve
Slash the preserve.

Watch it flow
A feverish glow
Frantic, furious
Bursting forth
With secrets of
a lifetime.

Keep talking
Keep going
Keep stealing
Keep healing

Yes,it spoke to me
Liquid fire,
Long after
I could hear no more.

And kept shining
Through that one
Stained razor
Inert on the floor.