Saturday, January 28

Song remains the same

Its a long way till spring, and Christmas is long gone.

Can you feel the whiteness of the world outside?
No grass, no leaves, no sun.
Just trees, in naked frostbitten splendour.
Shocking the horizon.

Did you say you would write me a poem?

Did I say I would sing you a song?
...............................

It's awfully considerate of you to think of me there
and I'm most obliged to you for making it clear
that I'm not there
and I never knew the room could be so big
and I never knew the room could be so blue
and I'm grateful that you threw away my old shoes
and brought me here instead dressed in red

And I'm wondering who could be writing this song
I don't care if the sun don't shine
I don't care if nothing is mine
and I don't care I'm nervous with you
I'll do my loving in the winter
And the sea isn't green
and I love the queen
and what exactly is a dream
and what exactly is a joke.


Pink Floyd- Jugband Blues (A saucerful of secrets)

1 comment:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

strangely enough i think i prefer yours.