Saturday, February 18

Goo Goo g' Joob

And did you really think that I was kind and true?
and that just because you touched me
I'd be bound to you?

Just because we laughed together, and you fed me pie
did you think I'd always crave you or never make you cry?

And just because we talked all day
did you think I'd never go away?
And just because you made me beam
you thought you'd ride my ship of dreams?

So listen up and listen good

I held you because you smelt nice
I kissed you because it felt nice
I calmed you because it felt wise
I wrecked you - to shield my own disguise.

And just because you teased me
Did you think I would desert you?
And just because you hugged me
That I'd see the world anew?

And because you gave yourself to me
your trust and torment too
Did you think I'd never let you fall
and be there just for you?

And just because we played in tune
so warm and close together
That one lost night could never make you
claim from me another.

So fly away my precious moth and find your perfect flame
Turn it into flesh and blood, that you can scar and maim.

I have chores to fret about, and many mouths to feed
Hurting never bothered me, money's what I need.

Know that you can never make me toss and turn and cry
Remember you were never here and it was just a lie.

So fare thee well and be on time
to catch that magic bus
I am the eggman, they are the eggmen
I am the walrus.

11 comments:

Prerona said...

are you?

Inkblot said...

P:what do you think? how about king of tragedy? nicer huh!

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

I predict that this blog is weeks away from cult status.
Wunnerful stuff, Inkblot (though we shall soon have to put up with word verification)

J.A.P.

death said...

so you think you can tell..heaven from hell, blue skies from pale.. - Floyd

i feel so sorry for him, Lennon would agree :)

death said...

its funny really. the same God that gave love, also gave you the evil strength to curb it :)

you write acute. And you write the truth. You put it well, and know how the damn thing works :)

this one, i'll never forget

GhostOfTomJoad said...

Wow, that's good! But mean! :-)

bluerebel said...

From one beatles fan to another...Goo Goo g' Joob..my 12 string is named the walrus...

Aradhita said...

I reiterate vertigo,
'I didnt come across you for no reason'

you were meant to write some things which are/were floating in my head.

Inkblot said...

JAP- thanks, but any sort of status would be too much pressure.

death: even if you know how it works, how does it make it better? I feel sorry too.

ghostoftomjoad:chuckle again

vertigo: glad your here

bluerebel: and does it softly weep?

aradhita: chuckle

Anonymous said...

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
Expert texpert choking smokers don't you think the joker laughs at you?
Ha ha ha ha!
YOKO

Inkblot said...

Anon:come clean if you dare. write to me if you have something to say.