Friday, February 10

Split wide open

Yes of course I'm inordinately fond of you.
And your dying to know why. Thats not really important though, is it?

And of course I'm a vastly (in?)dispensable source of amusement for you. One could presume even a lazy distant sort of affection sparked by an occasional stray thought or a clever line that arouses-
curiosity? surprise? respect? revulsion?

For someone not quite real,not quite true, not all there, yet not all square either.

Smile uncomfortably at the thought of that autumn leaf falling slowly,scorched orange, blistered by a bored sun which had nothing better to do.

Feel fabulous because the virgin dewdrops touched your naked feet,
and for a while your mind stopped dissecting-
their transparent torsos to the point where you yourself needed to scream.

Nothing is perfect. Especially not you.

Sometimes that beautiful mind shuts down and those sharp eyes cloud with doubt and that meticulous heartbeat loses its confident rhythm and races fruitlessly for shelter in a stormbound desert.

But me, what about me? Aren't I perfect?

Right down to that blue vein you couldn't see? And yet, you wouldn't let yourself believe that. Tch, tch tch.

Why?

No reason.

Perhaps because I am inordinately fond of you.
Or you fear that I'm not?

Will laugh myself to sleep now.

4 comments:

The Individualist said...

Set of lines laced with vanity. But because am an ardent fan of it, I loved it. The line about the Sun having nothing better to do made me smile. And I love lines that make me react. As for perfection, I guess it's a relative term. To everyone, his/her own definition, even though Webster begs to differ. We hear people blurt out, "noone is perfect!" all the time. But because am this ardent fan of humanity in general and man's capability, I refuse to accept it. And I hope someone somewhere in the near future, a man, will refute all those weak-minded, negative, manking demeaning statement...

Prerona said...

r u for real?!!? this was MIND BLOWING. And it brought tears to my eyes. have been reading ur blog for a while - u know that - and i like it sometimes and not so much sometimes - but this was just wonderful - this and the one before as well - thank you for writing it :)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

i am perfect but still read this

Aradhita said...

Super...simple and super :)

I love being at the recieving end.