Wednesday, February 22

Whats a sweetheart like you, doing in a dump like this?

No matter what she says
In that hauntingly beautiful voice
No matter how good she looks
Remember your spoilt for choice.

No matter the heady perfume
No matter the dimly lit room
No matter the sparkling talk
And the romantic woodland walk

Skip the mistletoe
Step on her petite toe
Ignore the soft touch
And that crazy look
You crave so much.

Sip the wine real slow
Turn the music low
Can the inevitable be stalled?
Pray your mother calls.

Damn the wine
Damn her irresistable line

"I want you"
Sweet stubborn jesus
Of course I do too.

Red on her lips
Red in your heartbeat
Red in the air
Red on the sheets.

Its an old trick
Slip out quick
Savour the warmth though
For only you know

What it did for you.

Lying again.

It didn't happen.

I turned her away.
And even her soft tears
and my beating heart
moved me not.

I did not let her stay.

Don't believe me do you?
Neither do I.

9 comments:

death said...

shucks man. what did you do!

death said...

turned an angel away, or was it the ghost from pennsylvannia!?

yeah, heavenly poem. rocks like mad. so much like your mind. an oscillator. just dunno when it will stop

death said...

does it ever stop ?

Prerona said...

jeez theres witchery about today! this is the second blog i came to with masterfully good stuff - excellent. brilliant. wonderful :)

loved the way this is written. loved the whole piece

ofcourse, i speak of the wordplay, of the art, the product and not of the raw materials used cz i am trying to set an example ;)

Anonymous said...

They say you've found somebody new but that won't stop my loving you
I just can't let you walk away forget the love I had for you

Yes I could find somebody too but I don't want no one but you
am I that easy to forget

Before you leave be sure you find you want her love much more than mine
Cause I'll just say we've never met if I'm that easy to forget

Before you leave be sure...
How could you leave without regret

"SHE"
BTW - what a talent!

aria said...

Ohh .. I believe you! Perhaps you are getting wiser ;)
Lovely poem though .. you are on a roll aren't you ..

GhostOfTomJoad said...

Liar, liar! Of course, we don't believe you :-) Nice poem.

Inkblot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Inkblot said...

death: you don't want it to stop. You just want to die many times over. And you do.

ghostoftomjoad: tell you a secret, its true

aria:ride the wave while you can. Wiser...wish I was.

anon: no regrets. Anyone who's chicken, is easy to forget.

Prerona: which was the first? And pray, who are you setting the example for. Don't deprive yourself doing it!

vertigo: thanks for reading it. I do a lot of ... too.