Tuesday, February 21

Grazed knees and more

It was me wasn't it?

I got it so wrong.
Read you upside down
When you came on so strong.

Yes, it was me
Who did it all wrong
Held on so tight
It wouldn't be long

Before you would have to flee
Or frown and politely
Renounce me.

And I made you lose a tooth
trying to chew the hard truth
Or was it in fact a tasty treat
fitfully flavoured, fragrant meat?

I'm sorry I made you lose your appetite
And left you feeling sad and proud
to be back on that sorry diet.

And if you'd only warned me
And helped me see
Perhaps I could have
Done it differently.

And if I'd known, all you ever wanted
Was a piece of my brain
We could have plotted all night
to keep away the rain.

Or if I'd learnt better
How to romp randomly
and never let it bother me

I could have pleased you
and never abused you

And all I really wanted to say
Was that
Would you forgive me please
and love me just a little

If I got down on my knees?

7 comments:

Jitterplate said...

aww! you goin through a rough time?
Don't you find that we are so much more poignant and brimming with eloquent poetic expression when we're more depressed than happy?

Maybe depression as the word suggests, is a deeper feeling...
happiness, or joy, as is more apt, always seems more shallow and fleeting, and so not reliable.
But count on the good ol' bad times to give your creativity a boost in the butt anytime!

Anonymous said...

So if you're feeling lonely don't
You're the only one I ever want
I only want to make it good
So NOW I love you a little more than I should....

death said...

aah. the night said so much

GhostOfTomJoad said...

Ah, the desperate need to be loved!

Love the way you've woven in the little, everyday realities, like a broken tooth and 'fragrant meat' (although the thought is a little repulsive to my vegetarian soul). Nice :-)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

what ever you do DO NOT go down on your knees and beg.

Inkblot said...

TTIM: maybe your right

death: did it really?

anonymous: don't

Ghostoftomjoad:desperation can be productive

CJ: ok brother

death said...

so pure. beautiful. loveable