Saturday, February 25

Its getting darker

I'm shivering uncontrollably.Its a balmy 26 degrees centigrade. Goosebumps, chilled palms. Why?

One stark relentless thought in my mind. Foolish fears I can't beat out of that fevered brain.

Live. Breathe. Even if you don't want to. Its going to be worse when you die. Didn't they teach you that at school you little wimp?

There are no demons. There never were.
Its a sunny sweet world. People love each other. They love you too.
Even if you tear them apart and run away from it all.

Listen to me. Use your eyes and ears since you won't use that brain of yours (cursing under my severely constricted breath). Look at me .

Its not all about you. Get it? Like it or not, it never was. So get wise.
Do unto them as they do unto you. Screw the bastards. Cherish the angels.
Hold a newborn baby in your arms and know, that even if it never feels the same again, you are still you, and no one can take that away.

Even if you beg them to.

7 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

being who and what we are is all there is.

The Individualist said...

Surviving. Being. Existing. Living.
And if possible, making sure others live. Much better than what they are doing now. All that my purpose demands.

Nabeel said...

26 and you're shivering? couple of days ago I posted about the cold weather here in Chicago .. and the temperature i was talking about was -34C .. dang brother you're living in nice conditions

mermaid said...

'Even if you beg them to.'

Why, Inks? The more I read some of your posts, the more I get the sense that this is not all fiction, but too real in your life, more real than some of us would like to believe.

Inkblot. That name strikes me as one who stains the page with her meager existence. And yet, she has so much to say.

Happiness is a Warm Gun. Talk about dark. Is it better to pull the trigger, or face the end of the muzzle? If I had my way, there would be no guns. Oh, yeah. I still have my mouth, which can still do a lot of damage.

Jitterplate said...

I don't think dying's such a bad thing...

here's an excerpt from a song by "men at work"
"and you say, be still my love
open up your heart
let the light shine in
but don't you understand
i already have a plan
i'm waiting for my real life to begin"
-colin hay

death said...

another point in an old odd circle. you just might've hit the jackpot here. or did you?

Inkblot said...

CJ: tough

I :noble

N:(wry smile)

TTIM: true

Death: No

Mermaid: thanks for listening.
and pens can do damage too!
Inkblots are hard to wash away sometimes, no matter how ugly.
We'll discuss guns another time.