Friday, February 24

Lock her up too

She felt nothing.
Except that vast vicious void that would have swallowed her, were it not for that shoe clutched in frantic fingers.

Took an eternity, to scrape herself off
bit by bit from the floor.
Wrapped 'little ugly thing' in silver foil
And shut the freezer door.

Fetch the needles, stitch me up, call me your whore
All the while we stuck so close, I never asked for more.

For everyday I clipped your wings
And made your back so sore
I'll tell the lord to feed you worms
And fix the heart I tore.

So think of every game I played
And all the lonely nights you prayed
That I would turn to angel dust
And be that woman you could trust.

Know thats what I needed too
and every beating rang so true
and long before we said "I do"
You were me and I was you.

Yes, that was me inside of you
Squeezing every nerve end blue.

Come back here sweetheart,we're not through
I need more blood, you need me too.

And baby, while they thrash you blue
Can you hear the mermaids sing for you?

11 comments:

Aradhita said...

Here she is!

Anonymous said...

Let's move to the lost city of a Atlantis where mermaids sing and tuxedo dolphins bring you breakfast...i feel better than James Brown

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Perhaps you should go back and do some edits e.g. "come back, sweetheart, I'm not through" instead of "come back HERE, sweetheart". It would aid the scansion. Visceral stuff, but I believe even raw pain reads better for a little effort.

J.A.P.

Prerona said...

:) violent!

Anonymous said...

I do like both of them, but Lock her up too sounds a lot more coherent than Mama. I really like this one.

Boys are mama's boys, very much so. Don't trust the ones that don't acknowledge that. Just boys trying to be "macho." Hmm... but Alcatraz. Okay, sounds good now.

Btw, I do appreciate the razor sharp focus in Alcatraz. Will reiterate, your photos are really good. More of these please? :)

I love the titles you are giving now.

Cheers!

PS - Will nitpick only to be selfish - something tells me I can "expect" more goodies!

mermaid said...

The whole thing is really brilliant, but I can't stop reading the last four lines, Inks.

I can't keep up with all your posts, but do know that they are noticed, and appreciated.

The Individualist said...

I wish it didn't get so violent. And so brutal. But there are times when I shut myself up from the harsh realities. So, I guess this is one moment. One line that attempted to grow my already growing revulsion against violence and usage of unowned rights-> "Wrapped 'little ugly thing' in silver foil
And shut the freezer door."
Can't deny it makes for interesting reading though. But too much violence and malice and darkness can suffocate. Choke.
And hey, my mail id -> dreamtosurvive@yahoo.co.in.

Inkblot said...

Aradhita: you set me off

Anon: yes, I was transferred to the moon

JAP: emphasis was on 'back', and it IS 'we' not 'I' but I guess 'need me too' would take care of that.
But right you are, will edit violently next time or perhaps send you a first draft if you will oblige? All feedback welcome.

And no, raw pain can't be read... not quite.

SS: coming up, especially for you-and keep nitpicking.

Mermaid: I didn't enjoy writing this one, but thanks

Individualist: thanks for getting through it. This was not meant to be a 'dead baby' joke and we all develop stronger stomachs as we go along. Will try something less dark when I can.

Vertigo:sometimes the truth is exquisite as it is revolting.

Prerona said...

I dont remember what I wrote - something to the effect that 'its so violent' and something abt dunno abt boys being mamma's boys -dont know any well enough to judge, really

death said...

yeah nice. as usual. you like and hate this too dont you?

Anonymous said...

Let the inspiration flow ! You know !!!