Friday, February 17

Yet another silly lovesong

Stay awhile and talk to me, won't you?
Even if we've said it all before.
Stay awhile and walk with me, can't you?
Even if your feet won't move anymore.

Speak to me of queens and knights
Of battles fought and blazing lights
Just like you used to?

Speak to me of far off lands
and soothe me with your tired hands
Won't you?

And now, lie back on this quiet morn
And dream of yet another dawn
Let me calm your restless soul
And hold you, shield you, keep you whole.

Let us step another mile
So won't you please stay on awhile?

5 comments:

Prerona said...

just awesome

Prerona said...

but u can never make anyone stay, can u?

mermaid said...

Silly my ass. This is wonderful!!!! I feel all the pain of a couple who has traveled a distant journey, and then encounter an obstacle. Is their past enough to overcome it? Can one's strength overcome the other's fatigue?

Hold on to this one. Do you hear it as a fast or slow ballad? Oh, I want to hear it set to music, may be acoustic guitar!!!

Inkblot said...

Prerona: perhaps you can, inside your head at least

Vertigo: we're all so many different people, we don't always find them though

Mermaid: would be lovely to hear it as a song, never thought of it that way. Slow of course-always.

death said...

You Ought to PUBLISH this dammit. It hasta see the light of day. If you aren't. Let me have it. Please. This one is YOu. ALl of you. This one you wrote for whom i don't know. But he loves you still. This is true