Tuesday, February 28

Too tired to talk

I've been running all day. ALL DAY.

No, not in that park with pink spring blossoms and myriad tulips yet to bloom.
Nor on that concrete strip by the river bordered by wet patches of dirty grass. (Too hard on the knees and too soft on the system).
Not even in that frenetic office full of fake friends who dump on you.

No. I've been trying to keep up with the speed of sound, or is it noise, in my head?

How long am I gonna stand
With my head stuck under the sand
I'll start before I can stop or
Before I see things the right way
up (Coldplay)

Try it sometime. Can be more thrilling than the rollercoaster hurtling through space at disney and more exhausting than a treadmill on a steep incline you can't get off.

Truth is, every inch of me feels fabulously numb, free of the capacity to
feel, kneel,
think, link,
taste, waste,
walk or even talk.

A rumbling in the distance. (Wow, stomach ain't dead yet)

So apologies if I'm hungry and need to bite your head off, and chew it greedily and wash it down with some liquid lies.

I'm sorry if I made your precious nerves twitch testily, and rattled your fine senses to a tune that would have made Stravinsky proud.

And isn't it amazing, that we can still make music, a little differently perhaps, but still music, wouldn't you agree?

Like others can't. Or won't. Or never knew how to.
Aren't you proud of us? We're better than them.
We outlasted every prophecy, ever speck of doom, every spot of gloom.

And no matter how tasteless, I would still never spit out those bits, for fear of going hungry.

5 comments:

Prerona said...

ki holo? nice post, btw.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. The first here that resembles a blog post :D

A few these is nice. It keeps the others fresh.

"Too hard on the knees and too soft on the system"
You run too?

Inkblot said...

SS: And what in your book is a 'blogpost'? Scroll down and read 'Vegas on Valentine's',(posted photos later too) 'Devil may care'and 'On high' and tell me if they qualify!
and yes, I run all the time, though not always in the way which requires shoes.:D

Anonymous said...

"though not always in the way which requires shoes"

Hmm... Hmm... Okay, my brain can't follow all those twists. Will settle on the first one "yes."

Will try to frame multiple choice questions next time.

mermaid said...

Don't ever spit out those bits. Chew on them till there is nothing left. That means bone and all.