Tuesday, February 21

You

You
were the soup on my tray
You
were the spark in my gray
You
were my toss in the hay
You
were the smile in my day.

Your words so quaint and funny
Could melt my rage to pulp
Your thoughts like wet wild honey
I drank in thirsty gulps.

"and so I'll continue to continue to pretend
my life will never end, and flowers never bend
with the rainfall.."


And isn't it true
that you reached out for me
caressed my cheek
and lent me a small slice of you?

And we walked the green awhile
And you forgot your troubles too?

"Can analysis be worthwhile
is the theater really dead?"


And in the end
No lies, no labels
Who would have thought
You'd be so predictable!

And luckily for you
I turned out that way too.

11 comments:

death said...

aah. a breath of fresh air!

Emotions said...

a gooooooood one......:))))))

all d bst !!
keep writing n keep smiling :-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how it is exactly the same in the end. After all, after everything, there really is the big ''the end '' in capital letters. And you are left wondering if only you were real and the rest in the images you wanted to see.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

the one thing that you are not is predictable.
i have linked you. hope this is OK.

Anonymous said...

Another nice one. I really like how the structure changes, but it keeps rolling. Sorry, I am just noticing it since I am reading it. And the title is spot on.

Prmod Bafna said...

Hey! nice piece of poetry here! love the on-going transition and the way you express so effortlessly! :)

Inkblot said...

death: that surpises me

emotions: i will

ib: you've said it

CJ:really? and where is this link? of course its ok

sanity starved:i don't plan structure, content, anything. just write and hope something works. thanks.

Prerona said...

and i read my emily dickenson
and u ur robert frost


i love this one

Prerona said...

who could have predicted
u would be so predictable

what do u call those - reverse of a tautology? like 'i am lying'

ignore me if i dont make sense -blame it on a big day gone sour :)

Jitterplate said...

prerona, was that a variaton to S&G's dangling conversation?

i find that people are special only when you want to make them so, you can quite effectively get them ousted from your life if that's what you want.
Of course, memories still remain, but that's more of a bonus than a bane.

Is this relevant?
Is anything?

Russell CJ Duffy said...

you are linked to 'ritual acts'.