Friday, February 24

Mama

I'm a jerk. Always have been. Gotta survive the big bad world, ya know.
My mama was a rolling stone. Not true. Just my imagination.
My papa beat me blue. Not my imagination.

So I stole my brother's girl. Killed my sister's man. Left my partner high and dry. Beat my wife to pulp. And never shed a tear.

Gunrunning undercover. Bold, tough muscle. Brazen balls.
They locked him up one fine morning. In a 4x8 cell with grotty green walls.


Its dark in here. Kinda cold too.
Tossing my coin for the fiftieth time.
There's nothing much to do.

I never touched the dirty stuff though. Just one time.
Lost my mind for a night. When my sweet mama died.

My mama. Didja know her? No one quite like her- in my life at least.
She bred me, fed me, stroked me, broke me.
She was here, there , everywhere.
A creature born to fight.
And she taught me well.
Yes, she taught me never to see the light.

For fear it spoils me.

I miss you mama. Where d'ja go?
Even if I left you, didn't you always know -
only your arms could make me sleep,
and your cries could make me weep.

And I'm still knocking on your door,
long after you knew me no more.

Please mama, let me in.
I'm worn out, weary- need some lovin.

16 comments:

Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Where did THAT come from? Very '70 rock'n'roll feel to it.

Inkblot said...

AQC: If you've read the post just before this and looked at the alcatraz photo...spot the links. Its the man's side of the story. They never get over their mama's do they, even in this century!

And of course like I said in my Vegas post, rock n roll ain't dead yet.

Anonymous said...

More 00s eminem than 70 rock n roll i would say. Proves that we are still roaming round in no mans land and the excuses are still the same.

Prerona said...

do they, dont they, dunno ... never been close enuff to one to know :)

Aradhita said...

something tells me that the next post will display the girl's side...
looking forward to know why is she still hanging on...

cya

Russell CJ Duffy said...

oh
lordy.
you are starting to blossom and grow with ever new ideas. clever link between this and the last post.
i like the way this has a 'burroughs' cut and paste feel about the words. like gunfire that riccochets.

death said...

write a book. i'll read it. cant you see? there's something about your posts. nobody writes like you do. there's a haunting story everywhere.

write. publish. get out. become the star that you already are

Inkblot said...

Aradhita: hadn't planned any of this, so I'm as curious as you to know what emerges next

death: i don't deserve that

CJ:that is the most amazing comment ever.I have a sense, but am still trying to work it out.

: M : said...

i think rather than caffeine your work's laced with heroin!!!

Inkblot said...

ib, caffeine-addict:this what you meant?
"My mother started screamin, "What are you on, drugs?!?
Look at you, you're gettin blood all over my rug!" (Sorry!)
She beat me over the head with the remote control
opened a hole, and my whole brain fell out of my skull
I picked it up and screamed, "Look bitch, what have you done?!?"
[M] "Oh my God, I'm sorry son"
[E] "Shut up you cunt!" I said, "Fuck it!"
Took it and stuck it back up in my head
then I sewed it shut and put a couple of screws in my neck
poo-lalala
(Eminem)

Anonymous said...

intresting....leaves me thinking..
good one. ;)

Φ said...

hmmm reminds me of metallica's "mama said.." not much in to eminem or sorts..

aria said...

You keep catching me unaware with the depth of your insight into love n loss ..
Quiet different kinda stuff this time .. really liked this one.

Jitterplate said...

i second what death said.

Man, you're an inspiration, a refreshment everytime!
And that's saying something for anyone.

Lotsa people are stars and celebrities, but you, you loom all over, like I dunno...like an inkblot that spreads.

Talk about lack of vocab. hmph.

The Individualist said...

Nice description. It's true. The mother is probably the one person who has the capacity to pacify the most brutal and to enrage the most tranquil. She brings in those feelings when he is reluctant to feel. And she isn't there when he feels.

Inkblot said...

CNO, Φ ,Aria, vertigo: thanks

TTIM: that was very eloquent, thank you

individualist:there's a lot more to it as well..